Peanut Butter & Jelly

Peanut Butter & Jelly: If only life were that simple

Friday, March 24, 2006

My Poor School

When I went to Pawnee Elementary School, I remember having these awful Spelling textbooks. It was probably fourth grade (1995-96?) when we had to use them. I remember, they were all ratty. They were orginally donated to our school in 1970. I just recently overheard that they still actually use them. I remember my copy, it had pink pen markings all over the sides and cover.

They also had those manual copying machines with the smelly purple ink. That stuff was weird, but I always thought it looked pretty. If you're somewhat colorblind, it was blue to you. It's so weird, almost everyone I know is colorblind to some degree.

I saw on 20/20 or Dateline or one of those general interest news shows that money doesn't help education, but I think if I could see through the gum and ink markings I'd probably be a bettter spelir today.

I think it's ridiculous that we have laptops at school. What's the point? The last time we used one was in Geography class my sophmore (I think) year. Most everyone around me was chatting online, searching for stuff not related to school, or sleeping, their drool forming a small puddle on the keyboard.

Our school gets new computers every two years or so. Why? Do the old ones die off? Well, maybe, since most people download things onto them, which brings viruses into the system, which then causes all the computers to crash, which causes me to fail an assignment because it was saved on the computers main network - and I, of course, cannot get to them because the network is down! Ahhhh!

Anyway, I have to get ready for school now, so have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home